Professional athletes tell us that eating well is just as important as training well. Fish – especially oily fish like salmon- is a key part of any athlete’s diet and here are 5 reasons why.
- Fish oil is great for heart health and essential for getting that blood pumping
- Protein-rich foods like salmon help build muscle
- Eating well aids recovery from workouts and helps to avoid slumps in energy
- Omega -3s are great for reducing stiffness in joints – perfect for athletes who suffer from aching knees and hips
- Fish-oil consumption helps support levels of serotonin – the feel-good hormone
Experts say we should eat two portions of fish a week to stay healthy.
For tasty ideas on how to incorporate salmon into your diet, click here.