Thanks to Scottish Master Chef, Willie Pike, for this sophisticated and tasty salmon recipe which will make any dinner a special one.
- Salmon fillet scaled, skin on
- Cut a portion from the royale and further cut into 3 even pieces.
- Heat a nonstick pan with little vegetable or rape seed oil.
- Place in salmon skin side down and season with salt.
- Gently cook without burning until the fish appears cooked half way through.
- Add a little butter to the pan along with a little lemon juice.
- Baste the top of the fish and remove from the heat, turn fish over and allow to finish cooking in the residual heat.
- Cut the prawn up the middle from the tail end and cook in tempura batter
- Dust with chilli and lime crumb
- 30gms Giant Cous Cous
- 250mls vegetable stock
- 5gms Curry powder
- Place the cous cous and curry Powder in a pan and season with little salt.
- Add the water and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 6 minutes.
- Wash off in cold water till cooled and drain.
- Cut red peppers (pre-cooked in a little oil and keep warm)
- Pak choi – Cooked in a little vegetable stock
- Diced cucumber Add to the fish pan when adding the butter and lemon juice
Chilli and Lemongrass Sauce
- 200gms Caster Sugar
- 30mls Cider or white wine vinegar
- 1 Red Chilli (Halved)
- 2 sticks Chopped Lemongrass
- 50gms Sliced Ginger (Unpeeled)
- 10mls Soy Sauce 50gms Tomato ketchup
- 20mls Lime juice
- 5gms chopped Coriander
- 50gms Tomato Concasse
- Make a dry caramel with the sugar and add the vinegar.( Do not burn)
- Add the Chillies / Lemongrass and Ginger and bring through the boil.
- Season with Soy sauce and Tomato Ketchup.
- Allow to simmer very gently for 5 minutes and correct seasoning.
- Cling film and allow to cool and further infuse.
- Pass through strainer.
- To finish add a little lime juice, chopped coriander and tomato concasse.
- Spoon 3 spoonfuls of the cous cous on the plate.
- Spoon around sauce.
- Lay salmon on the cous cous
- Lay on vegetables
- Lay on the prawn
- Finish with coriander cress