A quick & tasty mid-week supper, or simple yet impressive dinner party dish. The use of gin imparts subtle botanicals to the sticky citrus glaze coating succulent Omega 3 rich salmon fillets.
4 fl oz orange juice
2 tblsp runny honey
3 Sprigs of thyme
Salt and pepper
4 fillets of salmon
2 oranges, segmented
400g beetroot, cooked and peeled and cut into cubes
2tblsp extra virgin olive oil
For the sauce:
2 tblsp creamed horseradish sauce
1 tblsp orange juice
4 tblsp crème fraîche
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tblsp finely slice chives.
To garnish: pea shoots
1. Put the orange juice, gin and honey into a small pan with the thyme leaves. Bring to the boil and reduce by half. Allow to cool. Preheat the oven to 200C/ Fan 180C/ Gas mark 6.
2. Place the salmon on a piece of parchment paper with gaps between the fillets. Pour the orange and gin glaze over the salmon fillets and place in the preheated oven for 12 – 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile make the sauce: mix together the horseradish sauce with the orange juice, crème fraîche, mustard, oil and chives. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Mix the beetroot with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
5. Arrange the salmon on a plate and drizzle any juices from the baking tray over the fillets. Scatter the beetroot and orange segments around it and serve with the horseradish sauce. Garnish with pea shoots.