We are going to celebrateBritish Pie Week, with this recipe for Little Salmon Pies, with ingredients to make 4 individual pies using ramekins or heatproof pots.
Little Salmon Pies
Ingredients to make 4 individual pies
- 300g potatoes e.g. white maris piper, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 75ml semi-skimmed milk
- Pinch of sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 25g butter
- 300g Scottish salmon, filleted and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 40g peas
- 40g cooked carrot, sliced
- 40g sweetcorn
- 200ml semi-skimmed milk
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon Greek yoghurt
- 1 large slice of onion
- 1 dessert spoon chives or parsley
- 1 dessert spoon rice flour mixed with a little milk
- Cook potatoes and mash with the milk and butter and season.
- Heat milk in pan to near boiling point with seasoning, nutmeg and onion slice. Reduce to a simmer, add salmon and poach for 3 minutes.
- Remove onion, and stir in rice flour until thickened. Stir in yoghurt and chives.
- Spoon into 4 ramekins or heatproof pots, top with potato and bake in a pre-heated oven gas mark 6 / 2000C / 4000F until golden on top.