An oriental touch for pre-dinner snacks
Hot smoked salmon
Tub of crowdie
Chilli flakes to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
2 Nori seaweed sheets
Wasabi paste, optional
Salmon or lumpfish roe caviar, optional
- Mix salmon, crowdie, zest and chilli together until you have a paste.
- Check seasoning and adjust to taste. The mix can also be used to stuff halved, de-seeded cherry tomatoes.
- Roll into balls the size of walnuts, pop in fridge to firm up.
- This bit needs to be done swiftly – singe the nori sheets over a flame.They will catch almost immediately, so you have to be fast.
- Crumble the seaweed between your hands into a bowl.Depending on how singed it is, will determine how fine the dust is.
- Take balls from fridge and roll in the nori crumbs.
- Make a dimple in the top and dab with either wasabi or fish roe.
(Lea Harris, @BakersBunny)