Party food with a difference….
Makes about 16 bites
200g smoked salmon
150g fresh breadcrumbs
1 medium chilli, deseeded and chopped
1 good tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
Zest and juice of a lemon or lime
Freshly ground black pepper
2 cloves garlic
1 small beaten egg
Oil for brushing
Cocktail sticks for serving
1 medium size mango, flesh removed and chopped
Juice of a lime
A little chopped coriander
- Place the smoked salmon, breadcrumbs, chilli, coriander, zest and juice, pepper, garlic and egg in a mixing bowl. Mix together and make at least 16 walnut size balls.
- Oil a baking tray and preheat the oven to gas 6/200c/400f.
- Bake the bites for 12 minutes until lightly golden.
- Make the dipping sauce by mixing together the mango, lime juice and coriander.
- Place the salmon bites on cocktail sticks and serve with the dipping sauce.