To prepare this salmon coulibiac dish for 4, you will require 45 minutes preparation and cooking time.
- 1tbsp. oil
- 110g (4oz) mushrooms, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 625g (1half lb) Scottish Salmon tail fillets, cooked and flaked
- 2 hardboiled eggs, chopped roughly
- 75g (3oz) Basmati rice, cooked
- 1 tbsp. fresh, chopped dill
- Rind and juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 500g pack ready-made puff pastry
- Beaten egg to glaze
- Preheat oven to Gas mark 7
- You may want to pre-cook the eggs, salmon and rice at this stage.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and cook mushrooms and onion until soft.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flaked salmon, mushrooms and onions, hardboiled eggs, cooked rice, dill, lemon rind and juice and salt and pepper.
- Roll out the pastry on a floured surface to 37 x 33cm (15×13″). Cut into strips one 15cm ( 6″) wide and the other 18cm ( 7″) wide.
- Place the narrower strip onto a baking sheet and cover with the salmon filling, leaving a 1.5cm (half “) border. Dampen the edges and place the remaining pastry on top. Seal the edges well.
- Using a sharp knife, lightly mark the pastry with a criss-cross pattern and brush with beaten egg.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until gold brown and crisp.
- Serve with seasonal vegetables or salad.
- Fat content: 54g
- Carbohydrate (energy): 55g
- Kilocalorie: 880
- Omega-3 fatty acids: 3.5g
All values are for one serving using listed ingredients.