2 tablespoons olive oil
2 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
8 free-range eggs
75ml semi-skimmed milk
Freshly ground black pepper
225g bag ready washed spinach
400g cooked fillet salmon, skin removed and flaked
- Heat the oil in a heavy base frying pan. Add the spring onions and fry until soft.
- Break the eggs into a mixing bowl, add the milk and season with a little salt and pepper. Whisk together.
- Pierce the bag of spinach and microwave on full heat for 3 minutes. Carefully remove the spinach from the bag and add to the pan. Place the salmon on top and pour in the eggs.
- Cook over a medium heat easing the cooked egg away from the edges allowing the liquid egg to run in its’ place. Do this in the centre of the frittata, scooping up the cooked egg from the base, allowing the raw mixture to run into its’ place.
- When almost cooked, finish off under a preheated grill.
- Carefully loosen the edges and turn out onto a plate.
- Serve hot or cold with funky coleslaw- shred half a medium size red cabbage, add 1 chopped apple, 6 chopped apricots, 1 tablespoon of nuts, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds. Mix with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon honey and freshly ground black pepper, serve.