Salad Niçoise is usually made using tuna fish, but this version using salmon produces a wonderful summer salad – especially if the fish has been barbecued. Just as tasty in winter, prepared using a non-stick frying pan.
Serves – 4
Prep time – 30 minutes
Cook Time – 12 minutes
Equipment: BBQ or non-stick frying pan.
4 skinless Scottish salmon fillets
8 hard boiled quail’s eggs or 4 hen’s eggs cut into quarters
110g cooked fresh green beans or asparagus
8 plump stoned olives
Fresh or tinned anchovies
225g of boiled baby potatoes
4 red cherry tomatoes, halved
4 yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
A combination of spinach, watercress and rocket
Finely chopped fresh parsley
1. Lightly brush the salmon fillets with olive oil and cook on a hot BBQ or in a frying pan for 5 to 6 minutes a side, until cooked through.
2. Dress the beans and baby potatoes in vinaigrette dressing and chopped parsley.
3. Place the spinach, watercress and rocket onto a large platter.
4. Carefully pile the salmon into the centre of the dish and then arrange all the other ingredients around the salmon.
5. Finally, drizzle a touch of the vinaigrette over the salmon and sprinkle with a little of the parsley to finish.
Approximate nutritional information per portion: