The perfect breakfast – hot toasted muffins produce a texture that complements both the salmon and the eggs.
Prep time 5 minutes
Cook Time 2-3 minutes
Equipment: Medium saucepan, grill or electric toaster
8 fresh free range eggs
4 bread muffins
8 slices of smoked salmon
Salt and pepper
Fresh dill to garnish
1. Beat the eggs until well combined using a fork or a food processor, season.
2. Cut the muffins in half and toast on both sides. Keep warm.
3. Melt the butter in a medium sized saucepan over a medium heat and add the egg mixture.
4. Stir the eggs continuously with a wooden spoon and as soon as the eggs start to thicken remove from the heat and continue stirring in the residual heat of the pan until the eggs are a soft creamy texture.
5. Divide the cooked egg mixture between the muffin halves.
6. Place a curl of smoked salmon onto the scrambled eggs on each muffin
7. Serve immediately garnished with a little of the fresh dill.
Approximate nutritional information per portion
Calories 380 Fat 10g Sodium 2.75g