Smoked Salmon and Dill Tartlets
This recipe makes 12 tartlets, with preparation /cooking time 50-60 minutes.
- 85g (3oz) smoked Scottish Salmon (diced)
- 250g (8oz) plain flour 110g (4oz) hard margarine
- Pinch salt
- Enough water to form a dough
- Alternatively use a 375g packet of ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
- 1 tbsp fresh dill (chopped) or 1 tsp dried dill
- 25g (1oz) finely grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg
- 150ml (half pint) milk
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4, 180C, 350F
- Prepare the pastry if you are making it yourself. Sieve the flour and salt into a bowl, rub in the fat until it resembles breadcrumbs, add a small amount of water and bring together to form a dough.
- Roll out on a floured board and using a 5cm (2″) cutter, cut out 12 rounds.
- Use the pastry rounds to line 12 patty tins.
- Divide the smoked salmon between the pastry cases, top each with a few sprigs of dill.
- Beat the egg and milk together, season lightly and pour carefully into each case, taking care not to overfill.
- Top with a little cheese and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold with salad.
- Fat content: 9.8g
- Carbohydrate (energy): 16.9g
- Kilocalorie: 173 Fibre: 0.7g
All values are for one serving using listed ingredients.